Our 2021 journey and our roadmap for 2022.
By Clark Lagemann, co-CEO – Avidon Health
Compared to 2020, 2021 has almost felt… normal… almost. We’ve come a long way, but more importantly, we’ve helped countless people get and stay healthy.
We’ve made serious leaps this year and have big plans for 2022.
A new beginning
2021 was truly a fresh start as we set off to successfully unite two great organizations, combining the best of our health coaching and digital cognitive behavioral training pedigrees to become something more. With a bold new vision to fix the engagement problem in healthcare, Avidon Health was born.
A better approach for digital coaching at scale
By spring, we launched a completely overhauled digital coaching platform, Engagement Rx®, to combine our innovative coaching methodology, cognitive behavioral training courses and content, and user-friendly technology capable of delivering individualized wellness experiences across large, diverse populations.
A modern, sophisticated approach to SUD support
We’ve long recognized the huge gaps in care relating to the treatment of substance use disorders (SUDs), especially related to substance use in the workplace. With the pandemic making treatment much more difficult, along with the stigmas surrounding SUDs, we rolled up our sleeves and created an entirely new cognitive behavioral training course aimed at tackling this growing epidemic, LivingClear™.
Created by addiction specialists, LivingClear is an online, video-based instructional course dedicated to addressing the psychological and emotional factors that contribute to substance use disorders (SUDs).
Empowering clients to tailor their own wellness content
While many clients utilize our core coaching and content exclusively, there has been increasing demand for the ability to edit, or even create from scratch, courses and interactive experiences. We officially launched our new Content Design Studio, a “no-code” drag-and-drop flow builder enabling the simple creation of new coaching and educational experiences. Schedule a demo to learn more.
Microlearning Courses: Evolved for the way people learn
This fall, we released our highly anticipated Microlearning Courses, the newest behavior change tool in our arsenal that offers bite-sized learning and support for those now ready to take the all-important first step.
Built using our new Content Design Studio, Microlearning Courses are based on the same high-quality, research-driven content as traditional courses, but with a modern approach aimed at increasing engagement. Healthy Weight and Nutrition courses are available now with new courses scheduled for release early next year.
Partnering with like-minded thought leaders
We were accepted into the American College of Lifestyle Medicine’s Lifestyle Medicine Corporate Roundtable, a group of thought leaders and industry professionals who explore effective clinical innovations, activate marketing strategies, accelerate reimbursement and policy adoption, and pursue research and demonstrations of lifestyle medicine in practice. We’re ready to change lives together with the ACLM.
Ranked #117 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™
In November, we were proud and honored to be ranked #117 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, fintech, and energy tech companies in North America.
Events that are changing lives
Even though the pandemic changed the way we all usually interact with each other, we were still able to attend and support several events:
- The 2021 National Wellness Conference from the National Wellness Institute where our team spoke on “The Science of Improving Health Engagement and Outcomes.”
- Our continuing education webinar, “Health and Wellness Coaching for Shift Worker Population”
- The RWJBarnabas 5k Run & Walk to honor their 35,000 healthcare workers who continue to provide essential care to our communities.
- The Empowered Patient Podcast where co-CEO Tim Aumueller discussed the reasons why behavior change for chronic conditions in healthcare is so difficult to achieve, and how the Engagement Rx methodology solves this problem.
- The Tech Talks Daily Podcast where I discuss how Avidon Health’s innovative technology and cognitive behavioral training can help employees who are struggling with substance abuse.
- A variety of guest webinar appearances where our experts discussed everything from nutrition, to stress, to mental health, and other issues concerning patient engagement and wellness.
- Avidon Health was honored to be recognized among the most innovative companies in New Jersey, celebrated at this year’s Innovate New Jersey Celebration.
2022 and beyond – “Where we’re going, we don’t need roads”
While we are proud of the many achievements from the past year, our focus is always on the path in front of us. We can’t wait to roll out a number of updates in 2022, including:
- New coaching dashboard with tools to make care teams even more efficient
- Advanced digital coaching automation capabilities
- Upgraded reporting suite
- Enhanced biometric data capabilities
- New video integration tools, including instant closed captioning for multiple languages
- Ever-expanding content and course library to meet each individual where they are based on health goals, learning styles, skill levels, and readiness for change
Here’s to changing even more lives in 2022…together.